Boston Plan for Excellence is an education organization operating a PreK-12 pathway of neighborhood based Teaching Academies -- schools that provide a world class education for all students while preparing outstanding new teachers for successful, sustainable careers as urban educators. We run two Teaching Academies in the Dudley neighborhood of Roxbury: Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School and Dearborn STEM Academy. Through Boston Teacher Residency, a nationally recognized and replicated clinical model for training teachers, we prepare aspiring educators for the Boston Public Schools, and run a city-wide network of teacher support.
BPE’s Advancement Team serves two primary functions: development and communications. The team raises public and private revenue to support the $7 million organization, its programs, and its schools. The team also manages all communications for BPE and supports communications efforts at its Teaching Academies, including print, website, and events, to raise the visibility of the organization.
The Advancement Assistant is a critical member of the Advancement Team. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Advancement Assistant will support efforts to represent BPE’s mission, brand and programs, to bring exposure to the organization and to maintain and grow our relationships with our funders, stakeholders, and community through various engagement systems and tools.
- Support omni-channel campaigns and initiatives
- Draft editorial content for newsletters; marketing copy for website, print collateral and more
- Maintain social media presence for all BPE programs
- Maintain new BPE website
- Support Teaching Academy communications needs
- Update and maintain Salesforce database
- Support media visits and PR efforts
- Monitor education network trends and contribute to BPE strategy for participation in the national education conversation
- Assist Advancement Team members as needed